June 12, 2012

Same Old, Same Old...

I happily live a fairly active lifestyle. So, I figured my day off would be no different... I put on my running attire early to inspire & motivate me. It didn't work. After multiple hours, rationalizations, & plan tweaks, I forced myself to go. While on my run (ironically), it finally hit me... MONOTONY!

Thanks to my pedometer & daily step goal (a post for another day), I've been walking & running far more often over the past several months. It's been great for my health, weight, & sanity (most days, at least...). However, my routine has become... well,... too routine & less enjoyable.

I then realized that I need a change. Join me next week as we discuss different ways to keep your physical activity fresh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsure if your routine needs an adjustment? Check out Spark People's 4 Signs It's Time to Change Your Workout Routine. (Hint, the first one is boredom!)

How much do you know about physical activity? Find out by taking MedicineNet's Exercise & Fitness Quiz.

Bottom line:   With the exception of overtraining, sticking with the same physical activity or exercise routine probably isn't going to hurt you. (The experts are split over whether or how often you need some change. It probably depends on your personality & goals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following our blog. Relevant & appropriate comments or questions will be posted after being reviewed.